IMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTICE
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, visiting the cats at our shelter is closed to visitors without appointment. Visitors may visit our onsite shop or drop in donations without appointment.
If you are looking to rehome a cat, we are conducting Skype / Facetime / WhatsApp home checks – call us on 01992626110 to register. After your home check, one of our staff will invite you to a rehoming page on Facebook where you will be able to see photos and videos of cats we think will suit your situation.
The Scratching Post was set up in 2004 by Susan Delaney. We have seven buildings which house the cats and kittens. Capacity is around 90, although in kitten season we can hold up to 130, which includes our kitten units and foster homes.
We have an isolation unit, maternity unit, kitten unit, feral unit, long term resident unit as well as units for cats ready for rehoming.
- Relieve the suffering of maltreated, abandoned and unwanted cats in need of care.
- Provide and maintain rescue spaces for the reception, care and treatment of such animals and where suitable the rehoming of these animals.
- All cats coming to The Scratching Post are seen by our vet and are neutered, microchipped and vaccinated prior to rehoming.
- All potential owners are home checked prior to rehoming.
- We are a no kill shelter. If a cat is unable to be rehomed, then they stay in our care at the shelter. If a cat is unwell to the point of no quality of life, then they are euthanised on advice of our vet.
As a charity, without support, we will struggle to survive.
Please help us by donating.
Click on HOW YOU CAN HELP US.